Saturday 25 February 2012

Valentines Biscuits

I no it's a bit late but I made some delicious heart shaped biscuits for Valentines Day.

I followed a recipe off baking mad

The recipe was called traditional lancashire courting



I found the ingredients far too much as I wanted to make small heart shaped biscuits so I cut the ingredients right down.

These are the amounts I used

Ingredients

170 g Caster Sugar
125 g butter
1 egg
2 tsp baking powder
325g plain flour

Method

Preheat your oven to 190c

Cream your sugar and butter together until light and fluffy ( like you were making a sponge cake )

Then pour in your egg and fold into the mixture

Sieve the baking powder and flour into the mix and start to fold all the ingredients together.

This is the fun and messy part as I got my hands into the mix to give it a good mix

Flour your work surface and plop your mix onto it ( it should be quite dry now, not too gooey )

Then start rolling your mix out and use heart cutters to make your shapes ( I got my cutters from Poundland and had 5 different sizes )

Lay your heart shapes onto a baking tray and get a grown up to pop them in the oven for you

You need to bake them for about 15-20 minutes....try not to over bake them, if they are a bit soft when they come out they should harden up so don't worry !

When they are still hot, sprinkle over the caster sugar

The recipe I followed said to sandwich your hears together with strawberry jam but I decided to keep them plain and just make seperate biscuits


Happy Valentines Day ( even if I am a bit late !! haha )

No comments:

Post a Comment