Wednesday 22 February 2012

Mummys Birthday

Hello,

Sorry I've not been around much last week, but it was half term and I was very busy baking lots of treats.

It was my mums birthday so I made her a victoria sponge and decorated it




Ingredients
6 oz margarine
6 oz caster sugar
6 oz Allinson self raising flour
3 eggs
Bernies Damson Jelly Jam for filling ( or any tasty jam will do )

For The Topping

1 packet Silver Spoon Lemon flavour icing sugar
Silver spoon orange chocolate flavoured buttons
Silver Spoon pink chocolate flavoured buttons
1 packet Silver Spoon Chocolate Letters & Numbers
Silver Spoon Chocolate Flavour Strands
Silver Spoon White Chocolate Stars
Silver Spoon Blue Designer Icing
Silver Spoon Yellow Designer Icing

Method

Preheat your oven to 190c and grease 2 round cake tins

Mix together your caster sugar and margarine until white and fluffy ( I use an electric whisk )

Slowly mix in your eggs and sifted flour, stirring all the time

When it looks a nice light mix, divide it into your two cake tins and pop it in the oven for approx 15-20 mins

Get a grown up to check your cakes are ready by touching the top with their finger...if it springs back, it is done !

Take out of the oven and turn out onto a wire rack to cool down.

Once the cakes are fully cooled, you can begin the fun part....DECORATING !!

To sandwich my cake together, I used my favourite jam again.. you guessed it ...Bernies Damson Jelly Jam.  If you don't have any jelly jam, then any ordinary jam will be fine aswell. Just spread on a nice thick layer of jam to stick the top and bottom of the cake together.

Follow the instructions on the packet to make the lemon icing...it is really easy to follow and the lemon tastes delicious aswell

Once that has started to dry, I put on the letters and chocolate buttons...my mum likes flowers and butterflys ( I made the butterfly by using Silverspoon letters and using designed icing for the body. )

To finish it off, I sprinkled on chocolate strands and whitel chocolate stars and put a nice big blob of designer icing on the top of each of the chocolate buttons.

It really tasted yummy and mum had 2 big slices !!

No comments:

Post a Comment