Monday 13 February 2012

Choco Fudge Muffins

I decided to make some muffins over the weekend and noticed this recipe on the back of the packet of Silver Spoons Mini Fudge Chunks. They were easy to make and very tasty.


Ingredients

100g Unsalted butter
125g Billingtons light muscovado sugar
3 eggs
1tsp silver spoon vanilla essence
200g Allinson self raising flour
1 tsp baking powder
50g Silver Spoon Mini Fudge chunks
50 g Silverspoon chocolate chips


Method

First preheat your oven to 180 c / Gas Mark 4

Fill your muffin tray with paper cases ( I only had spooky halloween ones left hehe )

Melt the butter with the light muscovado sugar ( I did it in the microwave but you can do it in a saucepan if you prefer ) Make sure you get a grown up to help you with this as it is very hot ! Stir to dissolve all the sugar and let it cool.

Beat 3 eggs with the vanilla extract and add in your butter and sugar mixture

Sift the self raising flour and baking powder into the bowl ( I didn't use baking powder as I didn't have any )

Mix it all in....and add your fudge chunks and chocolate chips. Fold all the ingredients together...it makes your arms ache so my mum helped me when my arms got too tired !

Now for the fun part, divide your mixture into your muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes until golden.

These are lovely muffins and very tasty... Enjoy x



No comments:

Post a Comment